Trivia time: what do Alexander Graham Bell and Wayne Gretzky have in common? Both have lived in the southern Ontario city of Brantford! But what else is exciting about Brantford these days? A new Faith FM radio station!
CFWC Power 93.9 FM in Brantford is now a part of the Sound of Faith broadcasting family! Officially launching at the end of June, the new “Faith FM Brantford” station will be following in the successful footsteps of its sister station, Faith FM in Kitchener! Catherine and Marian had the opportunity to visit with Dave MacDonald (GM of Sound of Faith) this past Friday and were able to hear first-hand all the exciting plans:
“We are all very excited about this new venture. We have two new on-air people; Michael in the morning and Jordan in the afternoon. This is already a big change for the station and when we do the launch with the name change, new jingle package, new signage and new website I think the city will take notice. We hope to have a party in the parking lot that day too!”
Tagged as “Your Inspiration Station” Faith FM Brantford will have live DJ’s during the days featuring a mix of programming and music; as well as, news, weather and traffic updates throughout the day. Spoken word programming will take place between 8:30 AM and 12:00 PM.
Fast Facts about Brantford:
- Metropolitan Population of 135,510
- Known as the “Telephone City” as former city resident Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone on the community’s outskirts and conducted the first distance telephone call from Brantford to Paris Ontario in 1876.
- There are only 2 other radio stations originating in the Brantford market:
- CKPC-AM (AM 1380 – News/Country)
- CKPC-FM (The Jewel 92 FM – Adult Contemporary)
- There are 2 other Christian radio stations that can be heard in Brantford:
- CJYE Joy 1250
- WDCX Life FM
- Brantford is home to a number of churches and religious temples of various faiths including a mosque and a Sikh temple. It’s estimated that there are over 35 churches in the city, including Anglican, Baptist, Roman Catholic, Pentecostal and Salvation Army.