While tomorrow may be an ordinary day for us Canadians (and to that we want to wish you a Happy Thursday!), it’s an important day for our American friends – and to that we want to wish you a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving! We at Eagle-Com are grateful for you and your ministry work to help bring quality Christian programming and services into Canada!
For those living south of the border, we want to highlight a few interesting facts about our beloved nation (since we do specialize in Canadian media after all). Perhaps see how many of these facts you know about your neighbour to the north:
- What is Canada’s motto?
- “a mari usque ad mare”, which means “From Sea to Sea” in Latin
- What are Canada’s national sports?
- Hockey and Lacrosse
- What is Canada’s national icon?
- The Beaver
- How many people immigrate to Canada every year?
- 500,000; most are from China, India and the Philippines
- Canada and the US share the world’s longest border between two nations; how many miles is it?
- 5,525 miles, including 1,538 miles between Canada and Alaska
- What is the average life expectancy of a Canadian?
- 81.16 years (3.02 years longer than an American)
- There are 80,000 registered charities in Canada; how many are religion-based?
- 44%, or 35,200
- How much do Canadians donate on average, every year?
- $8.5 billion
And the question you’re all dying to know the answer to:
- What dish do Canadians consume more than any other nation?
- No, not Poutine – Macaroni and Cheese!
Of course, the other question you’re dying to know…how do I reach Eagle-Com about reaching out to this diverse and unique nation of people? Just call 604.948.8610, email us at email@example.com, or contact us through our website, Facebook or Twitter!
Canadian Flag Source: wikipedia.org; American Flag Source: flagspot.net