With 2012 behind us, here’s a look at some of the most interesting digital marketing statistics from the past year. As you continue to plan and execute your 2013 campaigns we believe that taking a moment to learn from 2012 could be beneficial. Hopefully you will find these stats helpful, insightful, and maybe even a little surprising!
- Over 50% of E-Commerce store visits occur when consumers are logged into Facebook.
- 38% of consumers abandoned carts when delivery estimates exceeded 7 days.
- Facebook posts that include “should,” “would,” and “who” receive more comments.
- Facebook posts that include questions tend to receive more comments, but fewer shares and likes.
- Facebook comments that include “why” and “how” get the least amount of comments.
- Pinterest is already the 3rd most popular social network, and it’s solely based on images.
- Pinterest buyers spend more money, more often, and on more items than any of the other top 5 social media sites.
- People are more likely to survive a plane crash than click a banner ad
- The average click through rate from banner advertising is 2.1%.
- Articles with images get 94% more views than those without.
- Visuals are processed 60,000 times faster in the brain than text.
- The amount of money spent on company blogs and social media had doubled in the last year.
- Consumers who receive email marketing spend 83% more when shopping.
- Average return on email marketing investment: $44.25 for every dollar spent.
- Companies that use Twitter get 2 times the number of leads per month.
- Companies who have an active blog report that they receive 67% more leads.
Conversion Rate Optimization
- 64% of customers have a strong relationship with a single brand because they shared the same values.
- For every $92 spent acquiring customers, only $1 is spent converting them.
While these stats are from last year, we continue to look towards and strategize for the coming year. We look forward to working with each of you again, as it is a real privilege and honour to come alongside your ministries and organizations in Canada to help reach more and more Canadians every year. Everyone at Eagle-Com truly enjoys working with you and we are committed to serving you well throughout 2013.
Happy New Year!